The Ten Pillars of Success
1. How You Think is Everything. Always try to see the positive. Think success and opportunity and not fear or failure. Beware of negative people and environment.
2. Decide Upon Your True Dreams and Goals. Write down your specific goals and dreams and develop a plan to reach them. Review them often.
3. Take Massive Action. Goals are nothing without action. Don't be afraid to get started. You don't have to get it right, just get it going.
4. Never Stop Learning. Start self learning through reading and courses. Get training and acquire additional skills. Deserve more.
5. Be Persistent and Work Hard. Success is a marathon and not a sprint. Never give up.
6. Focus On the Big Picture. Don't let the details slow you down.
7. Focus Your Time and Money. Don't let other people or things distract you.
8. Think Outside the Box. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity and poverty.
9. Deal and Communicate with People effectively. No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
10. Take Responsibility. Otherwise pillar 1-9 won't matter.
"Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I will give you a man who will make history. Give me a man without a goal and I will give you a stock clerk." J.C. Penny
"I propos’d to myself, for the sake of clearness, to use rather more names, with fewer ideas annex’d to each, than a few names with more ideas; and I included under thirteen names of virtues all that at that time occurr’d to me as necessary or desirable, and annexed to each a short precept, which fully express’d the extent I gave to its meaning." - Benjamin Franklin
The ten pillars is a take on the idea that Benjamin Franklin used to guide his life. He crated a list of 13 virtues. He would focus and study one of the virtues every few weeks. During the course of 1 year he would work his way through the virtues. This would help him remain clear and focused on his life goals and ambitions. Each month DBN focuses on 1 of the 10 pillars for its weekly recorded messages and the monthly newsletter.